PRINCIPLES OF SOUND
At the end of the class we expect that students would be able to:
- Explain the properties of sound wave
- Explain What happens to the speed of sound when the temperature changes
- Explain what can happen to the energy of sound waves when the waves interact.
- How frequencies travel over time and distance
- Compare and contrast constructive interference and destructive interference.
- Understand standing wave and comb filtering and how they affect the behavior sound in a room.
We intend at the end of this module, you would know:
- How to hear the compressor and how it affects the tone of your sound.
- How to our ears response to frequencies
- How to identify and recognize frequencies
- What to listen for as a mixing engineer
Balancing And Mixing
We intend students would be able to:
- Do micro and macro mixing
- Add dimensions (height, width and depth) to their mixes
- Mix drums, bass , vocals, sax etc professionally
- Get rid of the boxy sound
- Keep vocal from sounding too edgy and unnatural
- Add presence and air without making it sound too bright
Other list of topics learners are introduced to:
- Cardioid Sub Array
- System Designing
- Speaker Tuning
- Electrical power measurement